Thursday, November 17, 2011

Personal Study

Next on my developmentplan is "Personal Study". Well, you have to get me right. It's not that I don't study at all, but I'm always busy to keep up with at least preparing the watchtower that I feel like I'm not doing enough. 


So, I decided to read 2 chapters a week in the Bible. But not just reading, digging into it, learning about it and find highlights, points I want to learn from or which are encouraging. 


So far so good. Since my course, I actually keep it up. So I read Prov. 22. - 24. and it is interessting what you can learn each time. Of course some of the verses I know. Some I don't even understand. So I try to do some research. This gives me the oppurtunity to meditate on what I learn. Which is the most important part for me. Because so many times you read something or you try to get your assignement done, that there is not enough time to meditate. Maybe you don't know this problem, but for me this is the reason, why I only read two chapters, no matter how long they are. My goal is to finnaly get through the whole Bible

You may also wonder, why do I only read two chapters, and why not daily. 


First of all, I want to do it because of me, not for someone else, and I want to keep it up regularly. If I set the goal to read everyday, I know that soon enough there will be something in my way, I won't enjoy it as much as I want to and it becomes a chore. 


Secondly, the important part about this "Personal Study" is not the amount of what I read but the meditation. So I mainly want to read something and then take the time to think about it.


 It's not the quantity but the quality. I think that is something very important for me to learn, that it's not about the amount of time I study, but the quality of how I study. 


I would like to share now my personal highlights with you. 


Proverbs 22:1: It is important to have a good name especially with Jehovah rather than being rich and famous.


Proverbs 23:17,18: Eventohugh sometimes it is hard to live in this world, we should not envy the people in it, because only Jehovah can give us everlasting life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment