Saturday, November 5, 2011

Lifebalance

This week I had the privilege to attend a course from work. It was all about lifebalance and how to handle stress. One of my biggest ressource of stress is myself. By now you know I'm a perfectionist, and try to do everywhere everything perfect. Also that I try to make sure everyone will get or do things "the right way". But as you can imagine, that doesn't turn out that well. 
So I learned that I have to be authentic. What does that mean? For me it means to be myself. To actually do things that I like but also if I do something I can afterwards look into the mirror and think that was they way I wanted to do things. 
So for me that means the following:
- Let go of people. Let them do it their way, trust that they can do things good.
- Have reasonable goals for myself. 
- Find reasons why I can do things not finding excuses not to do things.

I know that might sound now very theoretically but I have actually very specific plans. But I think each and every point in my acction plan deserves its own post. So let me ponder a little more about each point, and I will write a bit about them in the next few days. This will help me also to form them into something real, but also to have you as my readers to "pressure" me to actually keep up what I have in mind. 


So let's go on this adventure together.. and please if you have any ideas, suggestions to actually achive an even better lifebalance, do not hesitate to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment